Sharjah Business Women Council
Since its inception in 2002, Sharjah Business Women Council (SBWC) has dedicated its efforts to drive full integration of businesswomen in the economy and promote a culture of sustainable female entrepreneurship in the Emirate of Sharjah.
The Council’s holistic approach to supporting female-owned businesses includes facilitating setting up their businesses in Sharjah, forging partnerships with government and private organizations in the UAE and abroad, and delivering programmes and initiatives such as workshops, conferences and networking events to engage potential and established entrepreneurs in Sharjah.
For more information, visit www.sbwc.ae
Irthi Contemporary Crafts Council
The Irthi Contemporary Crafts Council aims to empower women economically and socially through the revival and modernization of traditional Emirati crafts, and collaborative commercial partnerships to create a sustainable future for the crafts and the artisans practicing them.
The Council provides a fresh narrative for women across the MENA, South East and Central Asia Regions through its five initiatives:
- Bidwa Social Development Programme, which employs 40 artisans and provides them with vocational training and helps them find new markets for their skills through commercial collaborations and regional artisan exchange programmes.
- Artisan Skills Exchange Programme, which enables the development of artisans’ capacities and technical skills as well as social development through a series of artisanal skill exchanges within the MENASEA region.
- Hirfati Youth Programme that seeks to train and engage with the next generation of designers and artists through a mix of activities that combine traditional and contemporary crafts.
- Azyame Fashion Entrepreneurs Programme that aims to develop the next generation of UAE-based fashion designers through training, mentoring and business development.
- Dialogue, a unique project that brings together the Council with Barcelona-based Creative Dialogue to create works, which will marry Emirati and international crafts into contemporary designs.
For more information, visit www.irthi.com
Badiri Education & Development Academy
Badiri Education and Development Academy aims to boost, reward and showcase the spirit of female entrepreneurs and develop their skills to create a cohort of informed professional women who are successfully able to participate in the economy.
The Academy focuses on entrepreneurship development, which is encouraged through its three initiatives:
- Business Entrepreneurship Programme: an annual mindset changing, and capacity building entrepreneurship programme tailored for women in the UAE.
- Social Entrepreneurship Programme: an annual 10-month programme that aims at developing UAE-based female social entrepreneurs.
- Badiri E-Academy: a free online learning platform built on the Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs) model, and targets those who seek to develop their professional and life skills worldwide.
For more information, visit www.badiri.ae